I lead retreats for creative teams, social activists, and faith groups. I've lived in half a dozen places from North Carolina to Washington state and feel like the luckiest guy in the world to live in the Northside community of Cincinnati, OH with my wife of sixteen years, our eleven year old daughter and our terror of a four year old son. I also serve as Director of Outreach and Communication with a local congregation, Northminster Presbyterian Church.
For the past 15 years I've been speaking or playing music at camps and conferences, and making the most of opportunities to build deeper collaborative relationships between creatives. I began by asking how church and mission function much like art. Soon "Church as Art" grew into a discussion of "Life as Art", which led to my book Drawn In: A Creative Process For Artists, Activist, and Jesus Followers.
Today, whether I'm leading a retreat, speaking at an event, or playing music in a bar or church I'm after the same outcome: challenging people to treat their own lives and relationships with artful honor and intention.
- retreat direction
- individual spiritual direction
- group facilitation (including Appreciative Inquiry, World Cafe, and other process modalities)
- music performer
- worship curator
- Life as Art: a 4 module retreat with your creative team looking at your process as well as your individual and group practices. Can be done with one team in a 5 hour afternoon or over a two day event with several teams
- Church as Art: a 3 module retreat with worship artists and pastoral staff exploring missional rationale, and how to curate worship for a participatory culture.
TOPICS TROY SPEAKS ON
- Life as Art: Looking at the Process of Your Life and Taking up Practices Past Compulsivity
- Drawn Into Life with Jesus: Beauty, Creative Rhythms and an Intentional Life of Prayer
- Drawn In Without Being Driven: The Activist and Rhythms of Grace
- DIY Faith: Intentional Community and Church Planting in an Inventive Age
- What is Missional?: Being God’s Work of Art and Commissioned Artist
- Church as Art: Co-creative Practices of Jesus followers
- The Art of Worship: Curating Narrative, Ritual, and Prayer